Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Taste of Therapy

      Last night I went to a get together called "A Taste of Therapy" led by Allison Carver, LPC and Chef. We made pizza from scratch and discussed stress and the process of coping with it in a healthy way. Never in my wildly busy days did I stop to think that slicing olives and peppers or shredding cheese could do what Allison pointed out. We laughed at our different results, our working together as a team, at our communication and judgments. We shared, learned, tasted, and RELAXED....WHILE WORKING!
      Allison's motto is "take it to the kitchen"! What a great idea. Dinner doesn't have to be another thing on my do-to list in need of checking BEFORE I can relax....it can be a tool to get to that point as I go! What an eye opener.
      I feel as though God has gently reminded me that His heart is not one of Martha...but of Mary, who didn't get tripped up in the to-do's but in the loved ones present. Once again, my misaligned heart has been reset. Praise be to God....for a wonderful night of fellowship...and for a lesson learned, personally, that will change my whole family!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super fun! :-) I greatly enjoyed reading your blog today. Very encouraging..and I do hope you continue as time allows. :-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete